Okay, so this is Week 3 officially (I got started a little earlier than I thought because I am such a god damn keener!). Here is what I have accomplished so far:
WEEK 1 - August 28 - September 3
Assignment: Buy a large white board calendar for keeping track of everything. DONE
WEEK 2 - Week of September 4 - September 10
Assignment: Make a viable financial plan and stick to it. DONE
Maintenance: Keep up with calendar organizing. DONE
WEEK 3 - Week of September 11 - September 17
Assignment: House clean S's room - In Progress
Maintenance: Stick to budget. DONE
Maintenance: Keep up with calendar organizing. DONE
This week's task is to house clean my daughters room. I am working on it. Rather, we are working on it. She is only 3 but she is super helpful and if you don't let her help, she is just going to 'try' and help and then all is for nought anyway.
Last night we tidied up her room, organized her books, straightened up her shelves, put away all her toys. Tonight/tomorrow we are going to clean it all. Wash down the walls and floors, wipe down the bureaus and other furniture, clean the windows - the whole deal. If this gets accomplished, we will be in good shape to start next week's task which will be to sort out all of her clothes. My lord, that will be a job and a half! But it's okay, I have 7 days to do it and it's just one wee little piece of the whole puzzle that is the chaos of our lives so I'm sure I can get through it.
I'm trying to think of a good way to display all of these tasks and how well I do at maintaining them. I'm going to go and experiment with a few visual options and see how they work out.
I think that you should also take pictures and upload them (where you're comfortable) of your changes :) Mainly because pictures are fun and any pictures of your daughter are totally welcome! :D
ReplyDelete