Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Updated List And A Start To The Festivities

Okay, so my list is adding up little by little and today we stand at 28. That is pretty good - it is more than half and I think that is a good place to get to before beginning. I'm sure I'll add in other things as I go along so I feel confident that I am ready to get going. Here is a look at the list in a not necessarily sequential order:

1. Buy a large white board calendar etc. in order to organize properly.
2. Sort S.'s clothes (maintain)
3. House Clean S's room (maintain)
4. Floss twice a day (I currently do not floss ever)
5. House Clean shelving and burueaus in bedroom (maintain)
6. Organize my and P's clothes. (maintain)
7. Pursue a project at home in the evenings (quilting etc)
8. Prepare at least one meal on the weekend that I can freeze and reheat through the week
9. Wash all the windows in the house, inside and out.
10. House Clean Bathroom (maintain)
11. Eat supper at the table at least 5 days a week.
12. Spend at least 15 minutes a day outside
13. Excercise for minimum of 30 minutes 3 times a week
14. Organize my photos and then take more pictures and keep up with them
15. Clean out cupboards in kitchen (maintain)
16. Clean out drawers in kitchen (maintain)
17. Clean out cabinet in kitchen (maintain)
18. Put shoes/jacket etc away as soon as I get home from work AND change my clothes
19. Get clothes ready for work and laid out the night before
20. Get up without using snooze button every day
21. Houseclean the landing between our bedrooms upstairs
22. House Clean porch (maintain)
23. Clean out closet in porch (maintain)
24. Have a 'date night' once a week with my husband, even if it's just in our own home
25. Have a night away from home with my husband, no kid allowed, at least once a month
26. Clean the car completely and organize it (maintain)
27. Minimize the amount of TV I watch somehow (this one needs more work)
28. Walk at least 2 days a week on my lunch hour (could be a problem in winter!)


So, I have already completed number 1. I bought an erasable one month calendar, 6 dry erase markers and thumb tacks. Yes thumb tacks. What the hell is the point of getting something and not being able to put it on the wall? That might not seem like a big leap for most people but it would not be out of character for me to buy said calendar and then just have it sit on some table or shoved behind a desk for 6 months before I got around to putting it up. So I made sure that wasn't going to happen this time. It's on the wall in our kitchen now. It has all appointments, bills, social commitments, etc. for September written on it and we are checking off what needs to be done every day. So far (4 whole days in!!) it is working. My husband is totally on board with the whole organizational change and hopefully that will help me to stick to it.

I guess what that means is that I've started. This week is Week 1 and I have completed (or am currently completing) my first task. The real challenge will be to keep up with everything all year!

Speaking of which, it has occurred to me that there will be some of these things that I might end up doing 2 or maybe even 3 or more in one week. Anyone that knows me knows that I am kind of an "all or nothing" person so when I throw myself into this I am apt to really just take this bull by the horns and kick its ass. I think that doing the things on my list at a more rapid pace is okay as long as I don't burn myself out AND as long as I remember that the real challenge is not so much making the changes as it is maintaining them for 52 weeks. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment